SEVENTH AND EIGHTH GRADE CLASS
There will never a dull moment in the Seventh and Eighth Grade. There are places to explore, investigations, discussions, celebrations and so much more. Parents/guardians and students are all welcome to our interactive center of learning.
Thank you for choosing the Brooklyn Seventh-day Adventist School and trusting us to assist you in providing the educational foundation your child needs to navigate life. Providing enrichment, teaching good values, and promoting Christian principles are some of the ways we package academic learning, so that students, when they exit this grade, are not afraid to take on the next challenge.
Here are somethings parents/guardians can do to help your child stay ahead or just keep up with the class: 1. Read to and with your child. Make it a daily routine. Read to get information or just to have fun. These memories will never fade. 2. Check in everyday to see what your child is learning each day and ensure homework is completed. 3. Log into Jupiter daily to check for updates and students’ grades. 4. Make sure your child/ward has adequate school supplies. 5. Never miss an opportunity to participate in school activities, field trips and outreach programs so you get to know your child’s friends. 6. Teach your child to be independent and responsible by giving duties and responsibilities with tangible and intangible rewards. One day they will thank you for it.
In the interest of safety and security, we ask that parents do not enter the classrooms but report to the office first. Telephone calls in the classroom from parents are discretionary but the secretary is available to take calls during working hours.
Below is a list of things that will remain constant throughout the school year unless specified:
1. Chapel time is at 8:30am every Friday morning.
2. Classes will be held in-person on Fridays, however French will be taught via Zoom on Fridays - ID: 889 788 9204 Passcode: BSDAGrad56
3. One book report are is every month, on the 30th
4. A spelling test will be given every Friday. They will also receive the new spelling words every Friday.
5. Students are required to support and participate in all school activities: Christmas Play, Church visitations, fundraisers, and any other special events to which the school might be called.
6. Breakfast and lunch are free from New York City. Students can bring their own lunch, but we advise that any type of foods brought in, especially meat, align with Seventh-day Adventist standards.
May Jehovah richly bless you as we work together in the best interest of your child/ward.